The cape is almost done. I took the morning to finish it up (it’s my wednesday day off, babe is at day care til noon as usual). I’m doing the hand openings and then independently machine hemming the lining and the cape itself, which I always think hangs better. The hand opening puckered on the wool on one side (a bias side) and then I remembered, hey it’s wool, steam shrink that side into submission. Which I did, and I’ll finish my edgestitching to cap those off too. Then it’s on to buttonholes and buttons (I’ll probably save sewing on the buttons for later tonight.
Plaids not matched perfectly, so I may take that panel out and redo it (!) AACK!