I removed the offending unmatched plaid panel. Pinned my second one in, not a match. The vertical plaid is along the seamline, and on the other side, it’s two inches over. Cut another one, but cut it too much on the bias, and it was straight across plaid matching (it’s late, nearly midnight, it’s been a long day, and I was tired). But I should have enough to cut ANOTHER panel and hopefully THIS time get it right. But I’m going to first compare all the ones I have cut so far. When I’m done, there will be enough to piece together a fun bag or a pencil skirt with lots of seaming, LOL.
But I will be happier, wearing this cape with matched plaids. And frankly, after this, I’m done with plaid!
For a while anyway!
My next project – probably a top – is going to be an easy one!