I finished the Elizabeth Lee Nursing Classics 201 swimsuit (made it right out of the envelope, with just a short waist alteration). I will try it on in the water (shower) first, but I think next time I could just do the upper waist alteration, not the hip too, and it would be a smidge longer. I do know the fabric always stretches more when wet, so it’ll stay down over my rear when I’m swimming.
But it’s GREAT, really GREAT! I am so impressed with the instructions – Elizabeth Lee does this so well, she finds things that she knows might trip you up and notes them so they don’t trip YOU up. So I’m super pleased, the suit looks great. I’ll make a sarong to go with it (also in the pattern). Peanut and I tested it out, everything works as it should.
The seat has good coverage, the leg opening isn’t too low, but it’s not too high either (the days of sky high thighs are so 80s anyway), so the suit stays in place. I think it’s worth it to make swimsuits, especially this pattern. I will post a photo soon (having hubs take one of me in sunglasses on my towel, just in the living room, because there is snow on the ground outside).
Next up Kwik Sew 3608, a bandeau tankini. I made the shelf bra in that version to have an overlapping nursing opening, so it’s similar to another swimsuit I already have, that is too big now. The stretch straight stitch worked fantastically, it’s left needle position was the perfect width for the 1/4″ elastic. I serged the elastic into the openings. Pretty easy overall, I’m very pleased with how easy it was to make. Of course, all of the Elizabeth Lee patterns I’ve made have turned out great~