crafting disaster part deux
As if the first sling issue weren’t bad enough, I went to the local fabric store and bought MORE fabric, this time a slightly stretch teal poplin bottomweight. Laid it out and cut smack in the middle of it, never mind a ring sling is 30″ wide, not 22″. Ugh. So, I can rescue this by making TWO pouch style slings, which I intend to do. But I haven’t done it yet.
I ended up sewing a nursing nightgown, and THEN trying it on to discover, indeed, that armseye did look a little small (who wears a size 10-12 with this small of a shoulder? I mean I have chicken arms and this doesn’t fit). So fortunately with a gathered sleeve cap, I can remove it, cut some away from the underarm and adjust the gathers to make the sleeve a bit larger.
But the fabric is gorgeous and the color, a warm yellow textured light cotton is lovely. I think the nursing openings are well placed, well fitting and user friendly without being to gappy. I would feel comfortable going outside to get the paper, let the dog out or even being on my deck in the summer, on some morning, sipping a decaf in it. Like I’ll get to do that, but you know, wishful thinking.
I’m still making the cowl neck top for nursing (complete with matching bandeau cleavage cover or a sport-style nursing cami bra) but we’ll see how soon I get to it. I have to carefully test out the depth of the cowl by draping it on me, before I cut though.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.