This is my SWAP for spring/summer 2008 (see post a few weeks ago).
I started the teal top – Elizabeth Lee nursing shell/tank. I had a few issues (see post below), but I think I can fix them and the project will be fine. Sometimes I think I should be more muslin oriented. But you know I hate sewing muslins. So sometimes I get wadders. And cry.
I put up the tube top for a few days – I needed to think about what to do. Because I altered the pattern (it’s a wrap front tube top) I’m glad I put it up. Because I changed my mind on layering the underlay in a darker teal (the tube top is aqua). I think I’ll do it in the same color as the tube top.
I also am almost done with the pants – I bought shoes with the intention of hemming the pants to match, but struck out on the shoes. I ordered THREE more pairs (!) I’ll have to send at least one pair back. Or atone for my sins some other way. This time I ordered them from Aerosoles; I ordered a 7.5m last summer and they fit. So we’ll see. Naturalizer just has been inconsistent – I bought shoes in the fall in an 8M and they fit fine.
This weekend I intend to finish the shell and the tube top.
And then I can cut out the BurdaStyle Janina shorts – I’m saving the shirt dress for last