Learn to sew your own handmade wardrobe the EASY way!
Want to learn to sew your own handmade wardrobe? Join me here!
From pattern reviews of popular sewing patterns, to wardrobe planning the EASY way, Ann is a sewist who loves EASY to sew garments, building a sustainable wardrobe and trying new sewing pattern designers. Ann especially loves creating content for how to modify patterns, add design details, including video content and tutorials. If you want to take a pattern make it 3 times or more and have each one be unique, yet fit wonderfully into your wardrobe, you’re at the right spot! You’ve invested time and energy into that pattern, don’t just sew it one time!
More than just sewing hacks, Sew Paradise is a blog about the process of developing a handmade wardrobe that reflects your lifestyle. Come sew with me!
Here, you’ll find bi-weekly sewing projects, up to 4-5 projects per month. Learn how to use mending (yes, mending!) to bridge the gap between a finished project and not quite motivated to start another. Plan to sew stash where you can, and favor local in person and independent online fabric stores for things you need to purchase.
There’s a bit of upcycling in this blog, so you’ll see how to refashion garments to create a less throw-away lifestyle.
And through it all, you’ll see mainly EASY to sew, beginner-level sewing patterns and projects. This is not the blog for a couture tailored suit or a wedding gown. Nope, nada, run fast away from those projects. This blog is about crafting an easy to sew and easy to wear wardrobe for a casual, active life.
Ann has worked with sewing pattern designers on marketing, design, social media strategy and execution, search engine optimization, live video, photographic and written content.
Ann has helped sewing pattern companies with product planning, pattern design (including pattern covers, technical writing, file preparation and digital fulfillment) website design, management and product fulfillment for online, retail and wholesale. Ann understands the biz – but also, is a passionate and talented sewist.
Latest Blog Posts:
- Summer top sewing pattern roundupFavorite FREE summer top sewing patterns for woven fabrics This roundup showcases the Sew News / Sew Daily Antero Shell, the FREE Solee Top by […]
- Sew Multiple Pants at OnceBuild your me made capsule wardrobe FAST by sewing multiple pants at once. I’m sewing the Pietra Pants by Closet Core Patterns It’s no secret, […]
- Sewing a casual work from home wardrobeWhat do you sew for a casual work from home wardrobe when you want to be stylish and put together? Choose to sew basic garments […]
- Sew a French Girl-Inspired WardrobeSew your own French Girl-inspired spring wardrobe using popular sewing patterns The French seem to have a certain je ne sais quoi in their dressing. […]
- Spring Break Road Trip Capsule WardrobeSew a spring break road trip capsule wardrobe for the mid-Atlantic coast Luna Pants – woven jogger pants by Made by Rae Toaster Sweater – […]
Download the FREE sewing wardrobe planner that Ann developed (and shared with her sewing pattern designer clients). It’s a super easy way to build a wardrobe that works with what you have and doesn’t require you to sew a lot of garments.