I took the morning off to sew at home, while babe went to day care. I sewed her a dolly sling from Jan Andrea’s web site instructions (including the velcro-ring-holder thing which is a safety feature). I sewed the hooded robe with fish appliques. Had to remove and resew the hood (remove serging too!) because I did not have it centered, but it came out well. Some blanket stitch edging to finish the hood opening and I’m all ready!
The dolly reversible dress was a challenge. How do people sew Barbie clothes on a machine anyway? This is much bigger than a Barbie, and it was hard. I have some hand sewing to complete that too. The bib I drafted was way too large, so I’m going to cut it down and make smaller straps and it should work then.
It was a good day. While the toddler napped in the PM, I cut out the stretch powerfleece leggings from Christine Jonson’s BaseWear One pattern, and thought I’d had enough of the pink wicking to make a turtleneck out of Nursing Classics 205, but I do not. So I cut the tank top version, and will make a microfleece version of the turtleneck and layer them. I find fleece, as a rule, isn’t warm enough unless it’s the super stretchy negative ease style. Otherwise it tends to be clammy. So the underlayer – which is super lightweight – will be a good addition. And I can wear that in Florida. Bonus.
I have a lot of fabric! And I am sewing, which is fantastic. Loving it.