Want to learn to sew your own handmade wardrobe? Join me here!
From pattern reviews of popular sewing patterns, to wardrobe planning the EASY way, I’m here to share with you EASY to sew garments, building a sustainable wardrobe and trying new sewing pattern designers.
I especially love creating content for how to modify patterns, add design details, including video content and tutorials. If you want to take a pattern make it 3 times or more and have each one be unique, yet fit wonderfully into your wardrobe, you’re at the right spot! You’ve invested time and energy into that pattern, don’t just sew it one time!
More than just sewing hacks, Sew Paradise is a blog about the process of developing a handmade wardrobe that reflects your lifestyle. Come sew with me!
Here, you’ll find bi-weekly sewing projects, up to 4-5 projects per month. Learn how to use mending (yes, mending!) to bridge the gap between a finished project and not quite motivated to start another. Plan to sew stash where you can, and favor local in person and independent online fabric stores for things you need to purchase.
There’s a bit of upcycling in this blog, so you’ll see how to refashion garments to create a less throw-away lifestyle.
And through it all, you’ll see mainly EASY to sew, beginner-level sewing patterns and projects. This is not the blog for a couture tailored suit or a wedding gown. Nope, nada, run fast away from those projects. This blog is about crafting an easy to sew and easy to wear wardrobe for a casual, active life. You’ll find tips for sewing casual pants, tops, turtlenecks, dresses, cropped pants, shorts, tee shirts, swimwear, jackets, blazers and more. All the stuff you need to live in everyday!
Ann has worked with sewing pattern designers on marketing, design, social media strategy and execution, search engine optimization plus creating unique live video, photographic and written content.
Ann has helped sewing pattern companies with product planning, pattern design (including pattern covers, technical writing, file preparation and digital fulfillment) website design, management and product fulfillment for online, retail and wholesale. Ann understands the biz – but also, is a passionate and talented sewist.
Have I reviewed a pattern? Search here to see if the one you want to sew is one that I have sewn! (at PatternReview.com)
Latest Blog Posts:
- Upcycle a sweatshirt into a chic athleisure topI had a sweatshirt from a freecycle bag of goodies that had wolves printed on it. Not being of the wolf-outdoors style myself, I decided…
- Sew a basic pair of women’s ski snow pantsIt’s winter! You can sew a basic pair of women’s ski and snow pants in under an hour – and you can wear them whenever…
- Seamwork Quince Day Robe Pattern ReviewI downloaded the Quince Day Robe pattern from Seamwork and set out, as I usually do, to sew three. My ultimate goal is to sew…
- Making time to sewMaking time to sew. Making time. What a weird phrase. We don’t make time, we have it. And no matter how rich we are, or…
- Fall mini capsule wardrobe to sewLooking to welcome the new season? Sew two garments to work with one you already have to create a fall mini capsule wardrobe to sew.…
Download the FREE sewing wardrobe planner that Ann developed (and shared with her sewing pattern designer clients). It’s a super easy way to build a wardrobe that works with what you have and doesn’t require you to sew a lot of garments at one time.