Learn to sew your own handmade wardrobe the EASY way!
Want to learn to sew your own handmade wardrobe? Join me here!
From pattern reviews of popular sewing patterns, to wardrobe planning the EASY way, Ann is a sewist who loves EASY to sew garments, building a sustainable wardrobe and trying new sewing pattern designers.
Ann especially loves creating content for how to modify patterns, add design details, including video content and tutorials. If you want to take a pattern make it 3 times or more and have each one be unique, yet fit wonderfully into your wardrobe, you’re at the right spot! You’ve invested time and energy into that pattern, don’t just sew it one time!
More than just sewing hacks, Sew Paradise is a blog about the process of developing a handmade wardrobe that reflects your lifestyle. Come sew with me!
Here, you’ll find bi-weekly sewing projects, up to 4-5 projects per month. Learn how to use mending (yes, mending!) to bridge the gap between a finished project and not quite motivated to start another. Plan to sew stash where you can, and favor local in person and independent online fabric stores for things you need to purchase.
There’s a bit of upcycling in this blog, so you’ll see how to refashion garments to create a less throw-away lifestyle.
And through it all, you’ll see mainly EASY to sew, beginner-level sewing patterns and projects. This is not the blog for a couture tailored suit or a wedding gown. Nope, nada, run fast away from those projects. This blog is about crafting an easy to sew and easy to wear wardrobe for a casual, active life.
Ann has worked with sewing pattern designers on marketing, design, social media strategy and execution, search engine optimization plus creating unique live video, photographic and written content.
Ann has helped sewing pattern companies with product planning, pattern design (including pattern covers, technical writing, file preparation and digital fulfillment) website design, management and product fulfillment for online, retail and wholesale. Ann understands the biz – but also, is a passionate and talented sewist.
Watch a 2-minute intro video on WHY you should sew and WHAT you should sew (and the SewParadise philosophy of Make Three.)
Latest Blog Posts:
- La Mégeve Pullover & Stirrup Pants Sewing Pattern ReviewCozy fall and winter sewing pattern for a pullover designed for faux fur, thicker sweater knits and ponte knits, the La Mégeve Pullover and Stirrup […]
- How to find time for sewingAre you struggling to find time for sewing? I’ll share tips from a busy travel-sports parent on how I find time for sewing, even when […]
- Jalie Simone: wide leg pants & shorts patternThis is my review of the Jalie Simone wide leg pants & shorts pattern. I sewed these Jalie Simone shorts and pants for my teen […]
- Sew a cozy midi slit skirt for fallIf you’re looking for both chic AND cozy for fall, sew a cozy midi slit skirt for fall! This skirt is a midi length, slim […]
- Swing Cardi Sewing PatternThe Christine Jonson Swing Jacket swing cardi pattern is one of my go-to patterns. I’ve made it in full (maxi) length, and standard length. It […]
Download the FREE sewing wardrobe planner that Ann developed (and shared with her sewing pattern designer clients). It’s a super easy way to build a wardrobe that works with what you have and doesn’t require you to sew a lot of garments.