Want to learn to sew your own handmade wardrobe? Join me here!
From pattern reviews of popular sewing patterns, to wardrobe planning the EASY way, I’m here to share with you EASY to sew garments, building a sustainable wardrobe and trying new sewing pattern designers.
I especially love creating content for how to modify patterns, add design details, including video content and tutorials. If you want to take a pattern make it 3 times or more and have each one be unique, yet fit wonderfully into your wardrobe, you’re at the right spot! You’ve invested time and energy into that pattern, don’t just sew it one time!
More than just sewing hacks, Sew Paradise is a blog about the process of developing a handmade wardrobe that reflects your lifestyle. Come sew with me!
Here, you’ll find bi-weekly sewing projects, up to 4-5 projects per month. Learn how to use mending (yes, mending!) to bridge the gap between a finished project and not quite motivated to start another. Plan to sew stash where you can, and favor local in person and independent online fabric stores for things you need to purchase.
There’s a bit of upcycling in this blog, so you’ll see how to refashion garments to create a less throw-away lifestyle.
And through it all, you’ll see mainly EASY to sew, beginner-level sewing patterns and projects. This is not the blog for a couture tailored suit or a wedding gown. Nope, nada, run fast away from those projects. This blog is about crafting an easy to sew and easy to wear wardrobe for a casual, active life. You’ll find tips for sewing casual pants, tops, turtlenecks, dresses, cropped pants, shorts, tee shirts, swimwear, jackets, blazers and more. All the stuff you need to live in everyday!
Ann has worked with sewing pattern designers on marketing, design, social media strategy and execution, search engine optimization plus creating unique live video, photographic and written content.
Ann has helped sewing pattern companies with product planning, pattern design (including pattern covers, technical writing, file preparation and digital fulfillment) website design, management and product fulfillment for online, retail and wholesale. Ann understands the biz – but also, is a passionate and talented sewist.
Have I reviewed a pattern? Search here to see if the one you want to sew is one that I have sewn! (at PatternReview.com)
Latest Blog Posts:
- Sew the Trend: Super Oversized 80s Blazer Sewing PatternsThe trend is the Super Oversized 80s Blazer look. I’ll show you how to get this same vibe using easy to sew sewing patterns. The…
- Ann Normandy Shift Dress Pattern ReviewIf you’re going to sew a single summer dress, this should be it! I love the Ann Normandy Shift Dress, but I nearly threw away…
- What I’m sewing for January 2023 – Sewing Pattern capsule wardrobe reviewHere’s what I’m sewing for January 2023 in a little mini capsule wardrobe review! I’ve selected four patterns from my stash and four fabrics from…
- How Sewing Helps me Manage Midlife Midsize Style and Midsize FashionThere’s a new term out there – midsize style and midsize fashion. It often goes with midlife style and midlife fashion. And all of it,…
- Subscription Sewing PlansAre these good for sewing industry members? Are they good for customers? A professional marketer / developer in the industry (hey, that’s me!) chimes in…
Download the FREE sewing wardrobe planner that Ann developed (and shared with her sewing pattern designer clients). It’s a super easy way to build a wardrobe that works with what you have and doesn’t require you to sew a lot of garments at one time.